The foyer sets the tone for each dwelling. No matter how large or small, this inviting area is the first part of your home that you and guests visit, so make it a statement with these designer tips.
Valerie DeRoy Interiors, LLC
1. Bench seat. Whether you need to drop your luggage, place your shoes or take a breather in the afternoon, a bench is the perfect piece of furniture for any foyer. Find a great-looking chair in your local flea market or antiques store, then paint it and reupholster it for maximum fashion.
Brian Watford Interiors
2. Foyer console. Paint a console from the neighborhood thrift store, and you’ve got a catchall for all your keys, mail and cell phones as soon as you go into the home. Insert a couple of table lamps to finish the look.
COOK ARCHITECTURAL Design Studio
3. Table volume. If you’re lucky to have a large foyer, a beautifully centered focal table will add sophistication and grace. Look at the classic wainscoting applied to these walls also — it’s a simple way to take a look round the whole space.
Deep River Partners
4. Mirrored wall. Install a king-size mirror on the main foyer wall and see as your own foyer doubles in size. Even the easiest mirror will dress up your foyer.
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd..
5. Painted floor. If you’re handy, painting a harlequin floor is as simple as using painter’s tape and a measuring tape. Although simple, this look is sure to astound first-time visitors.
6. Planked foyer. For a smaller or narrow vestibule, make the entrance wall the center of focus. Install exterior lap siding horizontally for a sleek and modern style.
7. Glowing entrance. For those with this particular grand foyer, take advantage! Add brilliant play with an chandelier. If you’ve got a recessed dome above, consider painting it in a metallic hue for an wonderful reflective quality.
8. Bold niches. Utilize your foyer wall to include built-in cubbies for all of your accessories and collectables. Nothing states unique like niches.
9. Wall. Adhere a splendidly patterned wall covering of your liking to completely change your foyer into the bold entryway you dream of. So simple and so amazing.
Nunley Custom Homes
10. Tin ceiling. Get a stylish classic look with an artificial or original tin ceiling. This texture is surprisingly simple to install and makes a room feel comfortable and warm. It’s a fantastic addition to a older or a country-style residence.